CALLING ALL PREGNANT MAMAS!
If you are pregnant (whatever stage), trying to get organised for your little bundles of joy and struggling to get organised with what to buy or where to start then LOOK NO FURTHER
I have you mamas covered!
10 basics of what I needed and found useful!
Moses Basket The first thing I would personally purchase is a Moses basket, next to me crib or somewhere for your child to sleep in the early months – I used a plain cream Moses which was perfect for my requirements.
2. Mattress for the Moses There are a selection such as memory foam, spring, microfiber and a few more. The one I used for my little squishy was a basic foam as it was recommended to me but this is to your preference
3. Sheets These can be purchased from loads of places such as eBay, amazon or any major supermarket at great prices (like i said previously who doesn’t love a good bargain). Personally I would buy 3, that way I would always have one spare if one is in the wash and you have an accident – You could buy more if money isn’t a problem
4. Swaddle blankets Through personal experience swaddling my squishy has been a god send due to him being a big baby he was used to being squished in my tummy so he likes to be wrapped up with his arms tucked in – extra plus is they look like adorable little burritos ☺
5. Bottles or breast pump if breastfeeding/expressing Due to my own health I fed my little one formula from the get go and the bottles I have always used and will continue using are Tommee Tippee as they are really comfortable and easy to hold
I purchased the Tommee Tippee starter kit from Argos RRP £79.99 which also had a steriliser, bottle warmers, bottle brush and a dummy/pacifier which was a great find and I still use it now so go and check it out!
6. Nappies/cream and bags I have personally tried various nappy brands however I’ve always reverted back to Aldi as the price is amazing (99p for 24 new born size 1) and they never leaked or was a problem.
Would suggest getting 2 packs new born to start as my little chunk was 8lbs 2oz and was in that size for a good month or so and bags can be easily bought from Aldi also for pennies!
Cream I’ve always used is Metanium Nappy Rash Ointment and that has been amazing for my squishy and that’s what they prescribe at the doctors for nappy rash! Just keep an eye out for any skin irritation or any worsening of the skin!
7. Wipes I’ve always used Johnson’s water wipes and love them as my partner gets them from amazon priced at £10 for 18 packs (last us at least 3 months!)
Other alternatives are Aldi or Asda however these brands I find the quality is definitely not as good as Johnsons and they tend to be slightly on the thin side!
8. Bibs/muslin cloths I never even used a bib on my squishy until he was at least 3 months as the Muslin cloths are a GODSEND. They are big enough to clean up all the mess needed and i used them for everything as it was just easier and for 3 cloths for £1.50 at Primark you really can’t go wrong and you will thank me I’m sure!
9. Baby bath I have a basic Baby Bath from Asda RPP £9.99 and it has been super useful. Lightweight, good size and it has a water line where you should fill it too with a really easy pull plug to empty (great price and great product so what’s not too love)
10. Last but certainly not least is my amazing Tommee Tippee Perfect Prep Machine RRP £85 Argos – now if you’re wanting to make life a hell of a lot easier this will become your best friend! Makes bottles in two minutes to the perfect temp every time (my son is so impatient so it’s literally an angel in product form)
The only downfall is the Oz it starts at is 4 but it only takes an additional minute or two to cool the bottle if you’re doing 1-3 Oz!
There you go, there is my 10 basics that I have used and mostly still do any questions get in touch or if you want any more info get in touch
Please share, comment, like and follow!
From one Mama to another